Saturday, December 6, 2014

Peeps by Scott Westerfeld

     Recently I have gotten into watching a lot of Booktube (YouTube channels about all things books) and in a bunch of the videos I've watched I have heard the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld come up a lot. While I enjoy reading and am just getting really into it again I do not have the extra money to purchase books. I would get books from the library (I currently have 12 checked out and I'm not sure why because I'm not a fast reader) so I put all three of the Uglies series books on hold. It took me much longer to read the book then I would have like though it only has 284 pages. I think it's cause I'm just getting back into trying to read more frequently. Also it may have been the number of books I want to get through by the end of the month, which is now 10. Anyways when I went to the library to request them I saw Peeps and thought Id' give it a go since people seemed to really like him as a author, and I'm glad I picked it up.
     Peeps is a not so typical book about vampires, or as mentioned in the book 'peeps' which stands for 'parasite-positives'. The book starts off with our main character Cal Thompson "hunting" down his ex-girlfriend and they get into a struggle. It is his job as a member of the Night Watch to track down out of control peeps starting with his ex-girlfriends and then the person that infected him.
     I really like Cal and Lace (who comes a few chapters into the book). I like her "no bullshit" kind of attitude and think it really compliments Cals more conservative attitude. I also really enjoyed that every other chapter was like a mini lesson on a bunch of different parasites. I felt the facts of them helped me dive into the book even more. I felt like the book could be totally true.
     I gave this book a 4 of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment