Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A picnic fail and a creative "photoshoot"

Friday, August 22
      Me and a couple of friends hung out in battery park in Manhattan. My initial intention was for us to have a picnic which by the title you understand that it was a Fail. First of all I left the house without the blanket to lay on the grass. (I ended up buying another one that was luckily on sale.) It was more so my fault then anyone else because I tried to organize everything the morning of. I sent out text asking if they wanted to hang out and that I wanted to have a picnic. I told them each what to bring. I was of course going to provide the base of the picnic (sandwiches, grapes and carrots) because since it was last minute I didn't want to ask them for too much. I told my friend that was the only other girl to bring chips and one of the guys was suppose to bring cups and the other was supposed to bring juice. I already had grapes and carrots at home so I took them with me and I was going to get them meat and bread when everyone got to Manhattan so it wouldn't just be sitting in the heat. When I got with my friend that didn't bring the juice I realized I was going to have to buy it, so I did. One of my friends was already on her way and she had the chips. Which is good because she was the only person besides myself to bring there intended item. When my other friend got there without the cups I decided that we were going to just eat chips and drink juice because I didn't want to be the only one providing most of the food.
      After that failure of a picnic we (I) decided to take some pictures. I was shooting with my new lenses and since I'm not that familiar with them yet I missed out on some good pictures. The first idea they had was to do flips. I failed at this because I panned my camera way to fast and ended up getting shots of grass. The next idea they had was to do some more light trail pictures because they really liked that the first time we did it. We used a iPhone camera flashlight for all the pics. Our theme for these pics was Dragon Ball Z. If you know what it is then you should probably get the pictures and if you don't know what it is click here. If you scroll through the pictures you'll notice that in the fight scenes when they power up there is a burst of light and that's what we were trying to convey in our pictures. most of them are blurry because they couldn't stand still through the 10-15 second exposures because we kept laughing because they were making faces trying to get into character. Although the pictures didn't come out too great we had a blast trying. (These were all taken with my 50mm f/1.8 lens that I spoke about in a previous post.)




He wanted to take a "playing with fire pic."

4 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. Not bad for a failed picnic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We worked with what we had and had a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. This is so cool!! I'm going to try it out haha :)
    http://annalouisenicholls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it out and then come back to link it so I can see your lovely pics.

      Delete