Saturday, November 15, 2014

Internship at Walgreens

     I passed the National Retail Federation test about two weeks ago. That means I now have a National Professional Certification in Customer Service. I was and still am very excited! As soon as the test was over I knew I passed because it told me right away. The week after that I started my internship at Walgreens. That means no more sitting in the classroom staring at walls! This internship is the second part of the customer service training I spoke about here and here. If you want more information about the OSY program then click here.
     Wednesday November 5th was my first day interning at Walgreens. My work schedule is Monday-Thursday from 10a.m. to 4p.m. On my first day the other intern and I stocked the shelves in the cosmetics aisle and helped customers. On our second day we were cleaning the shelves (wrong unfortunately) and I was able to help more customers without needing to get someone else to help me.
     This week I was stocking shelves. I can't remember which aisle I had Monday. On Tuesday I did price changes and stocked the food aisle. On Wednesday I stocked shelves in the medicine aisle. Lastly on Thursday I put together displays in the makeup aisle and then switched with the other intern and did price changes in the medicine aisle. All while helping customers find what they need.
     This coming week people from the OSY program will be stopping by to check on us. They will be see how we're handling ourselves and applying what we learned to our job. I think I've been doing well so I'm not too worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment