Sunday, October 12, 2014

Training schedule and a meeting with my case manager

     Training is four days a week from 10-3:30. We get a hour lunch break starting at around 12. Before lunch we have a guy teacher and as a class we read from a book discuss what we read and then we get a packet to answer questions based on what we learned. After lunch we do the same thing except we have a lady teacher and different material.
example of the material we read in class.

     On Thursday we met with our case managers to plan out a Cmap which I think (based on Google search) stands for concept map. During our meeting I was supposed to come up with one to three long/short-term goals that I wanted to reach and what I wanted to get from the program. I wanted to get a job from the program which would help me with my long-term goal of wanting to move out. I was told that I couldn't use the job as a goal because it's what the program assume we want since that's what we're there for. I thought "Okay that makes sense". Moving out has been my goal since I was 11 of course back then it was because I wanted to grow up, stay up all night and explore the world and now it's because I don't like to have to rely on people for things and it used to be frowned upon to still be living with your parents after you've been to college. So, obviously the next goal I had was to move out and get my own apartment but this goal wasn't a "priority" because I "don't need/have to move out at the moment" though it was a long term goal and I would have been almost 20 by the date I gave myself to complete it. So now I have a rescheduled meeting to come up with a more attainable/reasonable goal.
     There isn't anything else I can think of that I want from the program other than what's given, which is training and hopefully a certificate in customer service. Making something up won't be helpful to me because than I will get help for something I don't need or want. Hopefully during this week I can come up with something else for them to write on that paper but my ultimate goal will not change and will still be the main thing I work towards over the next year. Though I do want to go on a Road Trip so I think I should do that before moving out.

No comments:

Post a Comment